[SunRescue] Whew...

Peter Koch koch at pz.pirmasens.de
Mon Mar 6 02:47:07 CST 2000

Hi!

> How much can my SS2 hold max for webserving?

I ran a 3/470 with 32MB main memory and 3GB hard disk as
web-, mail-, news- and proxy-server for our company.
The machine was pretty idle and we had no CPU-eating
cgi-bin or such.

When i replaced it with a SS5 some weeks ago i was
astonished, that nobody noticed it...
Nothing was faster, nothing was smoother.

We have about 50 people here and a 128 kBit leased
line to the internet. Traffic is about 2 GB/month.
The web server had about 1000 hits/day, maximum was
below 10.000 hits/day. Most traffic was generated by
the proxy anyway ;-)

Tschuess

Peter