[SunRescue] Whew... (Problems With Windows)

Pres. Dan Jameyson jameyson at amist.org
Sun Mar 5 18:57:47 CST 2000

That sounded like a really nifty invention.
I was walking around the Evil Underground Lair, and I thought "wow, it
would sure make things a lot more cheery around here if we had some
windows." So, I ordered Windows installed. Anyway, the next day, I come
back... nothing has changed, it still looks like a dark underground
lair. I go up to one of these Windows terminals, and instead of seeing
the usual pewter colored metal paneling, there's this reflective surface
with some sort of brownish particulate matter underneath. The chief
engineer called this "dirt". So, okay, yeah, that was my mistake... I
ordered those Windows removed immediately. About an hour later, I get a
report that the main concourse is filled with this "dirt" material,
apparently the result of removing windows. There was no warning label
that said "Do Not Install In Evil Underground Lairs". Therefore, I have
no other choice than to center the next Evil Underground Lair Project
around the destruction of the company that manufactures Windows...
hopefully without interference from British Intelligence (I hear they
have a gripe as well).

It it just me, or has anyone else had a similar problem with Windows?

--
Dan Jameyson (jameyson at amist.org)                    www.amist.org
President and Chairman of the Board of Directors