[SunRescue] BWTWO question.

Earl Baugh earl at baugh.org
Sat Mar 4 14:45:29 CST 2000

Ok, I went by Fred's and picked up a couple of the mono-monitors
(one as a "back up" in case my main color one ever goes out...figured
it'd at least let me have a console during the time I would be fixing
the color one..) So, anyway, I tried hooking one of the monitors to my
"almost free" IPC I've been piecing together, and had some strange
behavior.  Basically the screen displays, but it's the display is...well,
it's like a moving window in which the underlying picture can be viewed
thru.  This was similar to the output I saw when I tried to plug in the
color monitor to the same adapter.  So, I'm wondering if the IPC
motherboard has an actually working bwtwo adapter.  I've got a line on
a real, real, cheap SBUS bwtwo card (which I was planning on picking up
as part of the backup-display situation I mentioned earlier).  Soooo, the
question is whether or not I can put this SBUS card in the IPC without
there being a conflict with the onboard adapter.  Anybody ever tried it?
(It's all cheap stuff, but I hate blowing a card by doing something
stupid...)

Earl

P.S. Fred really does have a BOAT LOAD of those monitors.....