[SunRescue] Tim Ranting

Paul Khoury pkhoury3 at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 4 04:43:02 CST 2000

On Fri, 03 Mar 2000 20:40:28 +0100, Stefan Skoglund wrote:

>Robert Wallis wrote:
>>         I'll agree with that. I'll also throw in that you're a geek if you spend more time on your computer than watching TV and only use a TV/VCR to watch
movies and ocassional cable/air channels.

Yes on the first, on the second, I have a TV card in my computer so I can play video games
(relieve stress blowing stuff away, on my 94MHz console :) ).

 Only thing that can top that is if your audio equipment on a computer is better than on a stereo or TV.

Hmmm... Yes, but not in terms of speakers.

>Hmm, wonder where i ends up.
>1. A danish mark of stereo player more than 33 years old (the turntable
>mech.
> is british in origin)

A Panasonic POS 14 watt stereo (still works, serves its purpose).

>2. A german Telefunken telly about 16 years old.

Happauge WinTV card.

>3. Macintosh 6100 Power Mac.

Same (6100/66) - great machine.

>Btw i desperately needs a new hd for the mac.
>The current one is faulty somewhere on the platters (write
>errors at creation of /var/log/messages ..)

Are you running Linux or BSD on your Mac?

I'd like to get one or the other on my Quadra 610.

>Any in the 2Gig range about preferably suitable for
>internal mounting but will a shoebox with tape and disk
>work ??
>
>And yes i'm running MkLinux on it.

Never mind the first question - except that the 610 is a 68040-25...