[SunRescue] Solaris has lower TCO

Paul Khoury pkhoury3 at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 4 04:33:28 CST 2000

On Fri, 3 Mar 2000 09:20:20 -0800, Kurt Huhn wrote:

>>>Apparently Sun has a lower TCO than NT...
>>>http://www.sun.com/servers/workgroup/tco
>>>
>>>And you don't have to reboot the servers twice a day!
>>>
>>I could agree with that - since the stuff at work on NT goes down too much
>>more often than the Solaris stuff... =(
>>
>>Damn Neanderthal Technology... =)
>

>The ERP server at one of my clients is an NT box running a Sytline database.
>Before the software went on that machine it never needed anything.  Now I'm
>in there once a week to clean the file system.  I don't know which reboots
>are because of the Sytline stuff or the dirty FS, but it goes down about
>twice a week.

Well, you didn't hear if from me, but one of the webservers for the pops
goes down A LOT (lots of asp script errors) - too bad, it has a good interface.

So we have to revert to the other NT server (which rarely goes down, with the crappy
interface).

Why NT, why?

I'm surprised Microsoft actually had that much BS in their heads to put up that "Why
NT kicks Sun's a**" site - not that both sides are completely right anyways (especially MS).