[SunRescue] 3/260 4/260 native video resolution?

jwbirdsa at carfallin.picarefy.com jwbirdsa at carfallin.picarefy.com
Fri Mar 3 20:08:50 CST 2000

   It should. The 3/80 takes P4 video, and one of the varieties of P4 mono
card could be switched between resolutions, like the onboard 3/60 video, so
it's not inconceivable that a 3/80 could have a high-res mono monitor
attached to it. As far as I know, the ECL/TTL monitors were only made in
three resolutions: 1152x900 (most of them), 1600x1200 (high-res), and
1024x1024 (extremely rare, I've only encountered a few references to them).
Within the ECL/TTL world (i.e. stuff with DB9 connectors), there's only one
set of refresh rates for each resolution, so therefore any ECL/TTL monitor
of resolution FOO should work with any ECL/TTL framebuffer than can be set
to output at that resolution.

   --James B.