[SunRescue] 3/60 crate

jwbirdsa at carfallin.picarefy.com jwbirdsa at carfallin.picarefy.com
Thu Mar 2 17:08:00 CST 2000

>>The caches on the 3/4xx aren't supported yet either
>
>UUUHHHH....
>I wasn't aware of this...

   To be completely accurate, the 3/4xx has several caches. I'd have to go
dig through my port-sun3 archives to find out exactly which are and aren't
supported right now, but I think as Michael Thompson said, it's primarily
the IO-related ones that aren't.
   Whatever the situation is, exactly, a 3/4xx running NetBSD 1.4 feels
slower than a 3/60. I ran some tests early on and was rather disappointed
that the 3/4xx seemed to be no more than 10% faster than the 3/60, but all
of my tests may have been IO-bound, as are most of my daily uses of the
machine.

   --James B.