Re(2): [SunRescue] Tim Ranting

Tim Hauber tim_hauber at STEV.net
Wed Mar 1 09:39:48 CST 2000

rescue at sunhelp.org writes:
>TV: POS 12" Samsung that used to double as a monitor for my C64.

Oh, that reminds me, don't you think the actual Commodore monitor was a
great TV tube?  I keep asking my sister for mine back, but since it is her
only TV....

And I think anyone who has better sound on their computer than on their
stereo needs to get their act together and put them in the same room so
that they can have just one system with better sound than either.

Anybody else out their got one of those CD drives with skip and back
buttons that is only powered up to play audio CDs?  I had a crap
mini-tower case with nothing to do, so I just stuck in the drive and put
one of those audio pass through slot fillers in it and hooked it to my
receiver, worked great til the frive died, and I can't seem to find
another drive with enough controls.

However I did build my dad a 486 with DOS and a nifty little IDE command
line CD controller so we could write batch files to script the audio feed
for puppet shows he does, and hacked a keyboard so he could run the thing
with his feet behind his puppet stage.  Slick little box, it had a hard
drive, but didn't need it, because the whole system fit on a floppy, with
enough room for edit to change batch files.  Long live Dos 3!