[SunRescue] 690MP questions

Eric Randall randall at csonline.net
Fri Mar 31 12:10:47 CST 2000

Thanks for the suggestions.  I appreciate all the help...and need some more.
Well, I stopped at radio shack on the way home last night and got a null modem
adapter.  I pulled the main board out of the 690MP, which was at my brother's
garage because of the 220V requirement, brought it home and stuck it in a 3 slot
4/75GT case that I had gotten last year for no particular reason other than that
it looked cool.  I connected it to my pc, started a hyperterm session, and
turned on
the 690MP.  The thing came up fine, reported processors 4 x RT625 (a big suprise

since I didn't know what was in it), 128mb ram and this is where the good news
ends.  The boot device couldn't be located so the open boot prompt appeared.
Any input resulted in a "PROM Password:" request.  Are there any deep dark
secrets that someone can share with me about ways of getting around this?  If
not then perhaps some suggestions on where to get a set of those 4 prom chips.
The prom version is 2.10.2.  I greatly appreciate all help.  Thanks.

Eric Randall