[SunRescue] Best prices on SS20/Ultra compatible RAM... and some disk pointers/finds

James Lockwood james at foonly.com
Thu Jun 29 00:49:04 CDT 2000

On Wed, 28 Jun 2000, Mike Nicewonger wrote:

> > 64 Meg sticks for $60, and that seems about as good a deal as any I've
> > seen - comments?
>
> Good price, I just ordered 20 pieces from them.

Where is this precisely?  I need to order about 10GB for my day job and
that sounds like a terrific price.

> > Another deal I came across was an 18 Gig HD at HighTechCafe for
> > $199. They ran out of drives and were about to cancel my order, then I was
> > contacted by Teresa (sp?) and she told me that they were expecting more
> > drives in soon, and I could keep my order open. These are fast/wide drives
> > w/SCA connectors (IIRC) - keep an eye on their web site if you are
> > interested.
>
> Sweet price

Yes, I snagged a few of these as well.  Great value.

> > This is a 1.6" high drive, so it can not be easily dropped into an
> SS5/SS20
> > without mangling the carrier, and an Ultra is out of the question - unless
>
> Not so, I regularly put 1.6" drives in the lower bay in Ultra 1's

Also, 1.6" drives will fit in the internal bays in E250's.  They will
_not_ fit in E450's (if you want to use all the drive bays, anyway).  The
E250 spaces the drives more so they end up working.

-James