[SunRescue] Re: 9 track reel things.....

kk at enteract.com kk at enteract.com
Wed Jun 21 00:23:09 CDT 2000

> Is there a version of a differential scsi controller that will fit
> in something like an IPX or a 4c class machine?  If so, is there
> a part number I should be looking out for?
>
> If not, what sort of external differential to single-ended thing should
> I be looking for?
>
> Thanks
>
> Bob

I don't know what differential scsi cards Sun made, besides the
501-1902.
You might look around for clones.  Maybe Articon? or Antares?  As for a
DIFF/SE converter, I don't know of any brands off hand.  The ones I've
seen have 50 pin ribbon connectors, and standard power connector.
Probably intended for mounting in a scsi box or extra drive bay.  I'm
sure
you could get one in it's own box.  Your tape drive uses narrow scsi?
If so, you would want a narrow converter.  Hope this helps.

-Ken