[SunRescue] Red State Exception Error

Eric Ozrelic erico at bendcable.com
Tue Jun 20 14:34:08 CDT 2000

Thanks for your help on this problem. I have OBP ver. 3.11 and I downloaded
and followed the instructions for installing the ver. 3.25 OBP patch. Now I
have
a new problem. I'm using Red Hat Linux 6.2 (because my copy of Solaris
hasn't arrived
yet) When I try to load the patch using "boot disk
/flash-update-Ultra1-latest" from
the OBP, I get:

SILO

Fatal Error: Multiple loadable segments in your ELF image
Program terminated

What gives? Do I have to use Solaris in order to load this patch or am I
doing something
wrong? I followed the instructions very closely and shorted the jumper J2003
and chmod 755'd
the flash-update files.

It seems like the system doesn't like to boot, or even put me at an OBP if I
abruptly turn it
off. I've had a few hard lockups so I've had to completely turn it off.
If I always use the OBP to reset it or power it down then it seems to work
pretty well.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Eric Ozrelic