[SunRescue] Any experience with IDE to SCSI adapters???

Matthew Haas wedge at lightlink.com
Fri Jun 16 15:47:23 CDT 2000

On Fri, 16 Jun 2000, Cyrus M. Reed wrote:

> middle.  At this point in the game, any drive (SCSI or IDE) seems to be
> much more reliable than it's earlier counterparts, to the point where

I heard that on some of IBMs newer drives, the only difference between the
SCSI or IDE version is the interface... making it sound like they've got
all the drive electronics the same down to the connector they decide to
slap on the end. I'm not sure if there's any truth to this, I'm just
relating what I heard...

Have fun.

 -    |||       Atari 8-bit!  Star Wars * SPARCbook 3GX * SUMMER!!    -
-     |||      400/800/XL/XE  Battlestar: Galactica * SPARC * Linux    -
- |  | | |  | 2600/5200/7800  NetBSD1.4.2 * StarTrek * Galaga * SCSI   -
 - ||  |  ||     Lynx/Jaguar  Star Raiders * Descent * Voltron * UNIX -