[SunRescue] Why I like Sun...

Ken Hansen Ken.Hansen at ICTI-USA.com
Thu Jun 15 09:05:26 CDT 2000

Hello,
	As some of you may be aware, I recently bought a *very* large
Ultra 2 system through www.teksell.com that was listed as a system
unit, country kit, media kit, and monitor. Well, imagine my surprise
when I found that the system did not have a CD-ROM... What use is
the media kit if I have no CD-ROM to load it with?

	Sherry, the central contact at Sun for all the auction sales
agreed with me that if I was shipped a "system" I should be able to
reload the system, and a CD-ROM should have been included. She
said she would talk to the technical group and take care of this right
away, but she apologized that she may not be able to get back to me
the same day (it was 3:45 PST when I called).

	That was Tuesday, and just 20 minutes ago I was alerted to
a package for me downstairs - Sun had sent me a 32x CD-ROM option
for my Ultra 2 via FedEx overnight for free.

	It would have been *very* easy for Sun to say the drive was
not included, but they went the extra mile and made sure I was happy
with my purchase. With a little pushing I think Sherry was going to
offer to send a Field Tech. to my house to install the drive!

	BTW, the deal I got does not appear to be offered any more -
the systems listed at www.teksell.com now have a 19" monitor (not
21" like I got) and the starting bid is now $3,800 (not the $3,000
minimum bid that I won the system at). Right after I bought my unit,
I noticed someone bidding on several Ultra 2s on ebay, with bids
closing in on $4,000 - meanwhile www.teksell.com plugs along with
many items never even fetching the minimum bid.

Sorry for running on at the mouth, but I just wanted to share with the
folks here how Sun is treating *current* customers of their new
hardware...

Ken (eagerly waiting to get home and install Solaris 8 on his new toy!)
n2vip at bellatlantic.net