[SunRescue] Heat issues with older suns

Peter Koch koch at pz.pirmasens.de
Tue Jun 13 01:55:21 CDT 2000

Hi!

>What is a good way to store these systems when they run?

First of all, i clean the air inlet. It is usually clogged
with dirt after several years. If the fan is loud or weak,
i replace it.

I still have a couple of working 19" monochrome monitors
for the 3/60 and thus i place the machines on the destop
beneath the monitor. But to optimize air flow, i put the
machine on litle wooden pieces. This reduces the temperature
from 40 deg. Celsius to 30 deg.

Machines without monitor fit nicely in every corner. I try
to place the air inlet face to the wall and on the upper
side, if i run the 3/60 vertically. This may sound wrong,
but if you place the air inlet at the bottom, it becomes
clogged with dirt very fast...

Tschuess

Peter