[SunRescue] Heat issues with older suns

jwbirdsa at picarefy.picarefy.com jwbirdsa at picarefy.picarefy.com
Mon Jun 12 16:41:47 CDT 2000

   I have run pizza boxes 24/7 stacked. Just a couple are fine by
themselves; for a taller stack, I would recommend some spacers to
provide more airflow, but I don't know that they're really necessary.

   I have also run pizza boxes 24/7 vertically, with the power supply
topmost -- I made holders by cutting slots in 2x4's, so there's plenty
of clearance for the air intakes. For vertical mounting, I take the plastic
facade off, which probably also helps cooling.

   --James B.