[SunRescue] New mailing list proposal

Ken Hansen n2vip at bellatlantic.net
Mon Jun 12 05:44:18 CDT 2000

Bill,
    That seems a reasonable thing to do, but again, I don't think I'd be
likely
to subscribe to the list myself. The potential for "noise" would be too
great
(out of the 50 US states, I'd only be interested in openings in 3 or 4
states at best).

    Maybe the way to start would be a webpage off Sunhelp.org with pointers
to joblistings (a pull vs. a push model for the information). A mail list
that only
leads to an archive searchable at sunhelp.org could also be a reasonable
model.
In this case you would invite recruiters/employers to send email job posting
one of two addresses, one for general interest in Solaris related candicates
and
another for current openings with expiration dates on the listings. Both
addresses
would result in a maillist archive searchable on sunhelp.org, so folks
looking
for a position could search through the current listings.

    You could also subscribe to this "internal" maillist, but the search
engine approach
might prove more useful.

HTH,

Ken