[SunRescue] Sparc Classic and IPX

J. Michael McGarrah mcgarrah at ncsu.edu
Sun Jun 11 09:50:50 CDT 2000

I have several Sparc IPC machines.  They all work great.  Happy
little boxes with 200MB harddisks running RedHat 6.2.  Great for
network monitoring.

The problem is with two Sparc Classics and an IPX that I'd like
to get setup.  The harddisk out of a working IPC does not work in
either Classic or IPX.  These machines would be ideal for doing
development since they have more memory and are faster.  A 1GB
disk but 64MB ram would make it much nicer.

I can't find anything on putting harddisks into a Classic or IPX
that is different from the IPCs.  Anybody know about a difference?

The only other option is that all three have bad SCSI controllers.

Thanks,

--
J. Michael McGarrah