[SunRescue] LX for sale (loaded?)

John Bigboote Druaga at pmail.net
Thu Jun 8 10:34:30 CDT 2000

I too use sound on my IPC, IPX and Classics.  It's a great tool to let me
know when the headless systems are up from boot-up.  I'm currently running
Solaris 7 on one, and NetBSD on the others.  NetBSD works great for the
basic sound stuff -> I current have a couple of servers that scream
"Beefcake!" in Cartman's voice when they come up. ;-)

I could never get any of these to play MP3s with any regularity thought.
Too slow - even without X.  Maybe I'll Wietek the IPX or SS2 and try again.

As for Debian I was never able to get the sound working right although I
will admit to not trying as hard in that case.

Sincerely,

Mike Hebel