[SunRescue] Sparc 10 and SM512 Module

Earl Baugh earl at baugh.org
Wed Jun 7 00:51:21 CDT 2000

Got a question.  Has anybody played with the Sun SM512 module (501-2780)?
It's a dual CPU mbus module (covers one SBUS slot....about the size of
a dual wide CG3 card...)

I got one from an e-bay auction, and put it in my SS10 this evening.
Machine boots ok, but doesn't report 2x processors, either at the
initial boot, or with psrinfo once it's up and running.

I swapped PROM's from the other SS10 I've got here (it had a 2.25) thinking
that I may have just had a too old PROM (2.16 or some such) No dice.
psrinfo still reports one CPU.

I added a 3rd module shows me two processors, one at 0, one at 2.
(I had 2 SM51's in the box before I got this new module)
This result seems to be what I recall I saw before with two SM51
modules.  (Believe you get processors 0 and 1 on one MBUS connector,
2 and 3 on the other...)

So, do I have a bad board?  Or have I missed something to configure?
Or am I just using the wrong command to try to find the processor?
(mpstat reports CPU 0 and 2 as well...)

Earl