[SunRescue] drive troubles

Gregory Leblanc GLeblanc at cu-portland.edu
Thu Jun 29 22:26:55 CDT 2000

Hola!  I've got a Toshiba MK537FB that I picked up when we retired one of
our servers.  It's a fairly nice 1GB SCSI drive, which seems to have one
small problem.  I was running it attached to my PeeCee for a while, and it
ran just about without a hitch, although sometimes I would have to turn on
my external chassis two or three times before that drive would spin up.  Now
I have inside of my SS2, and I can't get it to do a bloody thing.  The drive
will not spin up under normal conditions, unless the "test" jumper is
enabled.  I got a copy of the manual for a similar drive but it doesn't have
any suggestions on what might be causing this.  The relevant jumpers that
are enabled are "Unit Attention enable" and "start on command enable".
Anybody got any ideas on what to try?  Thanks,
	Grego

| Windows NT has detected that there were no errors |
| for the past 10 minutes. The system will now try  |
| to restart or crash. Click the OK button to       |
| continue.                                         |
(sigline nicked from Jayan M on comp.os.linux.misc)