[SunRescue] My SUN IPC won't start

chris Günther madram at video.de
Wed Jun 28 08:12:28 CDT 2000

------=_NextPart_000_002A_01BFE113.460D53D0

Hi folks,

I have the following problem with my SUN IPC (yeahh I know it's kinda old
but
I think it's cute and I like the style of it).
Every time I turn it on, I can hear the harddisk start up, the SUN beeps one
time and the diagnostic LEDs on my Type 5-Keyboard blink one time all
together and then (after a short while) a second time. But that's it - no
Information on the Screen and no more beeps!

So I decided to connect my SUN with my PC over a serial cable. I organized
a cable which is especially made for this purpose and plugged it in Port A
of
the SUN and COM 1 of the PC and unplugged the keyboard and monitor.

I started a terminal programe and set it to COM 1 with 8 Databits, No Parity
and 1 Stopbit, then I turned on the SUN - and... NOTHING HAPPENED!

I have a document describing how to connect to a SUN over a serial cable
and I followed the Instructions step by step but to no avail.

Does anyone has an idea on what else I can do, please tell me.

thanX in advance
        chris

Ps.: Here is my configuration:
	SUN IPC with all twelve banks of RAM filled (don't know how much it is)
	WEITEK Upgrade Prozessor in it
	Second Framebuffer Card (1. SBUS)
	ISDN-Card (2. SBUS)
	I pulled out these two when trying with the serial cable
+---------------------------------+
|             chris               |
| ------------------------------- |
|  database design & programming  |