[SunRescue] OPUS Systems SPARC-like PC-thingy

Magnus Abrante magnus.abrante at nocke.Sweden.Sun.COM
Thu Jun 22 14:16:49 CDT 2000

Yo!

You have stumble onto a SPARCard from OPUS system...

The card is a clone of a SPARCstation, dont really know which model. Its
suppose to clone.. But it sounds like it has some kind of sun4m CPU to
me. The card was btw designed for Solaris 1.1 (thats SunOS 4.1.3 or SunOS
4.1.3C).

Anyway, this card was placed on a "ordinary" PC motherboard, thus creating a
dual PC/Sparc computer, and its my guess that they accessed the UNIX system
from the PC..

You can always take a look on:

http://www.sparc.org/flash/94-03.html

        //Magnus Abrante
/* This is not the opinion of my company, its just my own */