[SunRescue] disks for SPARCstarage array

P Nutton Paul.Nutton at awe.co.uk
Tue Jun 20 09:05:46 CDT 2000

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me which disks will fit in a SPARCstorage array 100?

I have 3 of them, with 30 disks each, currently a mixture of

SUN1.05G Conner
SUN2.1G Seagate ST32550WC

I believe the C stands for center, as these disks have the 68 ribbon
connector in the center of the end, rather than off to one side.
I also believe that I need 1" low profile (LP) disks as I have 9 Gb
ST19171WC drives in an RSM2000 which are 1.6" high and would not fit,
although the connector is in the right place.

I would like to start replacing disks as they fail with 4 or 9 Gb drives,
any advice from someone who has done this already would be nice. Will I cook
the unit with 9 Gb drives?

I use them attached to a 1000E as a disk farm for PC backup.

Great list, I have been lurking for a month now and used info off the list a
half dozen times already.
--
Paul Nutton, SysAdmin, AWE plc, England.

The information in this email and in any attachment(s) is commercial in confidence. If you are not the named addressee(s) or if you receive this email in error then any distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited.  Please notify us immediately by email at intadmin at awe.co.uk, and then delete this message from your computer.  While attachments are virus checked, AWE plc does not accept any liability in respect of any virus which is not detected.