[SunRescue] Anybody got a DECserver?

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Mon Jun 19 12:17:55 CDT 2000

[ On Friday, June 16, 2000 at 14:27:43 (-0400), Kent Rankin wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [SunRescue] Anybody got a DECserver?
>
> > I happen to have two DECserver 90L+ 's here, but unfortunately
> > only one powersupply.
> >
> > Aside from that, how the f$%ck can I get it to work? I have the
> > manual, but It does not seem to work. I gave up all hope and
> > thought they have to connect to some DEC software that's not
> > running on my Sparc. Any tips?
>
> 	If it doesn't have the ROM installed, then you'll need to
> load the boot image via BOOTP.  Do you have a copy of the boot image?

or TFTP (or MOP)....

I've got a whole bunch of the 8-port 90TL units, plus a 900TM (32-port),
but they're all on my pair of DEChub 900MS backplanes.  I'd love to get
a couple of the Multi-Stack adapters with the power-brick so I could put
some of the 8-port units in other locations....

I also need more memory for the 8-port jobs though.  The only load image
I have for them requires 4MB RAM and I only found one 4MB SIMM that has
the proper configuration to work with them (so that's my console server
right now).

They take 4MB (1MBx36) 72-pin SIMMs:

        Digital part number:    4A-MS40-WB A01
                replaced by:    20-41141-05

If anyone has any available that match I'd love to hear from you!  :-)

Once upon a time I did a bunch of searching and found that the SAMSUNG
"KMM5361000B2G-8 9347 SEC" will also work.

I'm also looking for a flash-memory card for my 900TM so that I can use
it as a console server too and not have the chicken&egg problem with the
server it would have to boot from.  I'm told I need a:

	Mitsubishi MELCARD MF82M1-GBDAT01 2Mbyte

(I could also use a slightly newer load image for the 900TM  ;-)

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods at acm.org>      <robohack!woods>
Planix, Inc. <woods at planix.com>; Secrets of the Weird <woods at weird.com>