[SunRescue] Lots of stuff for sale

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Jun 19 11:08:18 CDT 2000

On June 19, BSD Bob wrote:
> > 	501-1902	DIFFERENTIAL SCSI, RJ45 10MBIT ETHERNET (SBus)
> > 	501-1902	DIFFERENTIAL SCSI, RJ45 10MBIT ETHERNET (SBus)
>
> Bill.... or anyone else that might know.....
>
> I have a fine old IBM AS/400 9 track reel-to-reel tape thing that I was
> trying to get up for some antique unix archive resurrection, but it
> has a differential scsi interface.

  Schweeet!  Is it actually an IBM-manufactured drive?  Most companies
who want a high-performance, more modern 9-track drive OEM the 88780B
from HP.  I've got two of those that I really love.

> Could one of these types of boards run such an IBM differential scsi
> interface, so I might could make use of the old 9 tracker reel-to-reel?

  Almost definitely yes.

> Would there be anything strange in interfacing via it using sunos 4.1.1 or
> sunos 4.1.3 on something like an SS1 or IPX machine?

  I've used those DSBE boards interchangeably with FSBE boards...I
don't recall if the hardware or the OS (either SunOS or NetBSD) could
even tell the difference, but they work fine.

                 -Dave McGuire