[Re: [SunRescue] Any experience with IDE to SCSI adapters???]

Arnach arnach at netscape.net
Sun Jun 18 22:15:33 CDT 2000

SCSI-to-IDE seems really stupid to me. What capacity of IDE drive are you
using?

You should price the cost of $60 SCSI drives on, for instance, Ebay...you have
to consider the following facts with IDE drives and the adaptor..

1) Native SCSI is bound to be faster. (SCSI is just faster anyway)
2) Where are you going to put this adaptor..if you are talking about internal
SCSI drives its not going to work.
3) Chances are it won't work 100% correct and you'll have SCSI errors
4) You really won't be saving any money? Just buy SCSI drives.

-- Aaron Finley