[SunRescue] Any experience with IDE to SCSI adapters???

Patrick Giagnocavo a222 at redrose.net
Sun Jun 18 20:15:11 CDT 2000

> SCSI/IDE adapters are rare birds, and priced accordingly - you are being
> optomisitc (IMHO) to consider the cost at $100. There is a company that
> sells a SCSI/IDE adapter board for ntebook drives (for SPARCBook and
> older Apple power mac applications) that sells for about $200 or more,
> *if* you can find someone willing to sell them individually...
>
> Try hitechcafe.com for low-cost drives that are SCSI,
>
> HTH,
>
> Ken

Hi Ken,

After digging on the Net some more, I came across:

http://www.blackfire.com.au/ide2scsi.html

problem:  these folks are in Australia, which is not a close source (since I
am in the USA).

They list them at $99 AUD, which according to current exchange rates, is
about $60 USD (plus shipping).

Assuming I can find a US source, the price might even be less.

Will keep digging some more...

Cordially

Patrick Giagnocavo
a222 at redrose.net