[SunRescue] Any experience with IDE to SCSI adapters???

Patrick Giagnocavo a222 at redrose.net
Fri Jun 16 14:47:44 CDT 2000

> True, but
> 1. How much do you trust that 27gig drive?

Do you think that SCSI drives are inherently more reliable?  It was my
understanding that the platters are the same, but the drive electronics are
different.  I have never seen any drive fail due to the chips.

> 2. How fast is it?

For $139, it's fast enough :-)

They are either UDMA/33 or 66 drives, 5400RPM, 2MB buffer cache

For $199, I can get the 45GB DiamondMax 5400RPM.

Even if the adapter costs $99 it still might be worth it.

Cordially

Patrick Giagnocavo
a222 at redrose.net