[SunRescue] Any experience with IDE to SCSI adapters???

Patrick Giagnocavo a222 at redrose.net
Fri Jun 16 12:38:38 CDT 2000

This link:

http://www.acard.com/scside/aec7720.htm

Talks about a small device that apparently makes an IDE hard drive "look"
like a SCSI device.  A small chip on the board provides IDE <--> SCSI
command translation.

I would like to put my SS1000 into service for use in serving up Web pages
but am weighing the benefits of just buying two EIDE drives and mirroring
them instead on my current Linux PC.  SCSI drives are a little more
expensive.

Anyone have any experience with these things?  Know a good source for them?

Cordially

Patrick Giagnocavo
a222 at redrose.net