[SunRescue] Sparcstation IPX Drives

Matthew Haas wedge at onlineimage.com
Thu Jun 15 12:22:41 CDT 2000

On Thu, 15 Jun 2000, Tom Yarrish wrote:

> Hello all,
> I apologize if this has been asked already, I didn't turn up anything with a
> search of archives.  I'd like to get replace the drives in my Sparcstation
> IPX with larger ones, can someone tell me what type of SCSI drives they
> take?  Also if they take regular SCSI drives like you would put on an Intel
> box (I'm assuming they would, but I figured I'd ask anyway).

Greetings,

 Using recently used terminology, the on-board SCSI of IPX boxen use
standard Single Ended (SE) SCSI drives... these are your "regular" 50-pin
SCSI-2 types we've all grown to love.

 Hope that helps, and remember to set it to ID 3 or ID 1, depending on
your OS! (Just to help in any future debugging).

 Have fun.

 -    |||       Atari 8-bit!  Star Wars * SPARCbook 3GX * SUMMER!!    -
-     |||      400/800/XL/XE  Battlestar: Galactica * SPARC * Linux    -
- |  | | |  | 2600/5200/7800  StarRaiders * StarTrek * Galaga * SCSI   -
 - ||  |  ||     Lynx/Jaguar  NetBSD 1.4.2 * Descent * Voltron * UNIX -