[SunRescue] SS1000 Disk Board

Patrick Giagnocavo a222 at redrose.net
Thu Jun 15 12:04:24 CDT 2000

> I just picked up a board for a SS1000 that holds four SCSI drives. It has
> three SCSI connectors on the front panel. One is SCSI-in, one is SCSI-out,
> the third is unlabeled. There are PC traces from the X-Mbus connector to
> circuitry on the board.

I have 2 of these in my SS1000 as well.

> What is the third unlabeled SCSI connector for?

I have never been able to figure this out either.  The docs I have don't
tell me.  I put the SCSI cable from the SCSI card to the IN, then put a
terminator on the OUT connector, and it works.

> What are the PC traces from the X-Mbus connector connection to?

My guess would be power?  The SCA drives that go in these have no external
power connectors - the power for the drive comes thru the SCA connector
itself.

> Is the SCSI disk bay in the front of the chassis connected to the same SCSI
> connector on the front panel of the CPU board?

I don't know.

./patrick