[SunRescue] SS2 boot from CDROM problems

Gregory Leblanc GLeblanc at cu-portland.edu
Wed Jun 14 23:18:11 CDT 2000

One of my projects for the evening was going to be to install Linux on one
of these "new" SS2's that I have.  I have the CD that I used when I
installed RedHat 6.2 onto my SS20, so I figured I should be able to boot
from it, but it complains about
"Bad magic number in disk label
Can't open Sun disk label package
Can't open boot device"
However, when I put a Solaris7 SPARC CD in there, it boots just fine.
Anybody have any ideas short of burning another CD?  Thanks,
	Greg

| Windows NT has detected that there were no errors |
| for the past 10 minutes. The system will now try  |
| to restart or crash. Click the OK button to       |
| continue.                                         |
(sigline nicked from Jayan M on comp.os.linux.misc)