[SunRescue] RDI SPARC portables

Reagen Ward ward at zilla.nu
Sun Jun 11 18:59:18 CDT 2000

I've used their UltraBook, effectively an Ultra1-170 in a portable form.

Cons:
Only Ultra1-170
Short battery life
Heavy heavy heavy
RAM upgrades must be done in-house
Uses special release of Solaris
Display could be bigger
Creator upgrade reduces expanability

Pros:
It's an Ultra1-170 laptop!

It's definately an RDI feel, if you've ever used a precisionbook, and not a
Tadpole feel.  Many folks would consider that fact a good thing, but I'm still
like the tough build of a Tadpole.

Reagen