[SunRescue] OpenBSD and SS1/SS1+

Kurt M. Nowak knowak at polymail.cpunix.calpoly.edu
Thu Jun 1 20:39:43 CDT 2000

Hello folks,

I'm in the process of installing OpenBSD 2.6 on my SS1+ and while
booting via CDrom, the boot process terminates to an openboot prompt
"infinite loop" right after the boot process detects my BWTWO frame
buffer. At that point the keyboard is dead so I'm forced to turn off the
machine to reset. After several attempts, i finally got it to fully boot
and i managed to install the OS, but when i boot up again with the newly
installed OS,  the phenomenon continues. I thought the problem was my
machine, but I tried it on my SS1 and the problem persists. However it
seems to boot up ok on my IPX, but i dont want to install it on that
machine. Can any BSD folks shed some light on what my problem may be? Im
running 16megs of ram, a bwtwo, and an extra ethernet sbus card.

Thanks,
Kurt

--

!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!

                                 Kurt Nowak
                                P.O. Box 1923
                  San Luis Obispo CA 93406-1923
                               (805) 544-0706