[SunRescue] WTB: *stuff*

Jonathan Katz jon at jonworld.com
Fri Jun 30 17:18:25 CDT 2000

Hello!

I'm in the market for some Sun gear. My Ultra1's finally arrived
(some of you know the saga... two weeks late, UPS lost them, and
they look like someone bashed them with a sledge hammer.) I got
one working (can steal the needed power supply from work to get
the other one going.)

.o 1 Creator 2D or 3D UPA Frame buffer

.o 20"/21" color Monitor (GDM20E-10 methinks.. I prefer a Sony flat
tube if possible.)

.o Type 5 keyboard w/ mechanical mouse (with the control key where it should
be!)

If you have this stuff laying around and want to sell it, I can prolly
come up with the cash. If you want to do something more interesting I
have the following to trade. Mix/match and come up with a reasonable
offer. I have gobs of crap.

.o two TurboGX frame buffers (p/n 501-2922)

.o one TurboGX+ frame buffer (p/n 501-2253) [ This is powering my
console right now and goes up to 1600x1200 ]

.o one HSI/S sbus card w/o the cable or external box (p/n 501-1725)

.o two esp+le sbus cards (p/n 501-2981) [It's **bad** when you can tell
it's an le by looking at the chipset on the card.]

.o one sbus le card (501-1881) -- this is AUI/thinnet. I can provide an
AUI=>10baseT transciever

.o one CG3 framebuffer (501-1718) This is the 2nd gen CG3 which goes up
to 1152x900 @ 76hz.

.o SS5/20 Sun CD-ROM. No mounting brackets. XM-4101B. 6/1996 build-date.
No term resistors.

.o Sparc LX bare unit. I was thinking of making that a dedicated mp3
machine but the screw holding in the security bolt is stripped and I
just don't have the time to deal with it. This is a known good system.

.o 10'? 12'? Sun-branded 13w3 video extension cable (male at one end,
female at the other. p/n 530-2020.) ALL pins through (good for IBM, SGI,
etc.)

.o ueber-old/rare/cool 101-key IBM PS/2 klickey-keyboard. Rescued from
dumpster. Industrial strength. Worked swell on my SGI Indy and on my
PCs.

.o Broken type5c keyboard+mouse. It works swell but is missing 4 different
keycaps (A, D, F1, * from number pad.) Good for a backup-spare or as
a child's toy (keycaps may cause choking hazard, but I swear to God my
friend's two-year-old son loves gnawing and pouncing on these keyboards
and since this one is useless to us, it could be useful to a kid like him.)
The mouse seems fine.

.o A MIPS R4000/100Mhz (PC) CPU for an SGI. I don't know if this module
is working or not! I actually think it is an R4400/100Mhz SC chip-- it
has external cache chips on the CPU module. Has Indy mounting bracket and
big-ass CPU heat-sink.

.o DEC Multia 166Mhz 21066-based box. System is optioned w/ SCSI. No disk
but I beleive it has 32M of RAM (2*16M parity chips.) At one point I was
getting console output on the serial port (the last time I mucked with
it, months ago.) I beleive ARC firmward is loaded, which is why I couldn't
get it working. Has correct vertical stand. One of the spring-loaded
thumb-screws is broken (screws in, but comes off of unit entirely instead
of being held in by spring.) No biggie, just annoying.

All stuff is guaranteed against DOA EXCEPT the SGI processor and Multia.

--
Jonathan Katz
e-mail: jon at jonworld.com
website: http://jonworld.com
proprietor: http://bachelor-cooking.com
Cell: 317-698-4023 * Pager: 800-759-8888 1770869 * FAX: 530-688-5347