[SunRescue] Pricing?

Chris Petersen havoc at apk.net
Fri Jul 28 13:57:52 CDT 2000

> Are these decent prices for these machines?
> -Ultra 60 w/ 300MHz UltraSparcII Processor (capacity for 2nd Processor) -2 @
> 4GB Hard Disk
>  -384Mb RAM (64Mb SIMMs)
>  -C3D Graphics
>  -Type 5 Country Kit
>  -Solaris 2.7 Load
>
>  $3,800.00 + Shipping
>
>  -Ultra 30 w/ 300MHz UltraSparcII Processor
>  -2 @ 4GB Hard Disk
>  -384Mb RAM (64Mb SIMMs)
>  -C3D Graphics
>  -Type 5 Country Kit
>  -Solaris 2.7 Load
>
>  $2,400.00 + Shipping
>
> I'm not sure that I'd need a machine even close to that possible, but I
> thought I'd ask.  As long as I'm on the topic, what kind of prices would be
> good for an Ultra 1/E?  I'd like to get one with some good graphics, and a
> reasonably fast CPU.  Disks are not an issue, as I'll probably replace them
> anyway.  Thanks,
> 	Grego

Hmm, that looks like a post I saw a week ago or so in
comp.sys.sun.something...AFAIK, those are excellent prices, at least for
that type of hardware.

IIRC, these were posted by Steve Booth?  If so, Steve's pretty good to deal
with and is usually offering the best price at the moment on his gear.

Chris

--
Chris Petersen
Systems Engineer, Industry Services, Unigraphics Solutions Inc.
Email: havoc at apk.net