[SunRescue] Time to clean out the basement...

Chris Petersen havoc at apk.net
Fri Jul 28 11:03:42 CDT 2000

Well, I've got to get the basement cleaned up, so it's time to clean house
and move out some of the stuff I've just got sitting around.  Some of this
is already up on auctions.workstations.org, some of it not, but here's the
first list of goodies up for trades/sale:

Sun hardware
------------
(1) Tatung CompStation 20 Base - SS20 clone, just chassis,
         	 		 PS, graphics (TGX clone), floppy drive
(1) SCA Backplane & cable for SS5/SS20
(1) ZX Sbus framebuffer - 2-slot, 24-bit, last supported under 2.6 but
                          working hacks for 7 & 8(?)
(1) Sun Token Ring SBus adapter - DB-9 interface
(1) Sigma 8-port Serial Sbus adapter -  (unsure whether this is
                                         still supported)
(2) SunCD External CD-ROM drives
(1) SunCD+ External CD-ROM drive
(3) Sun 911 Storage box w/ 4 drive brackets
(10) Sun closed-face Sun 411 storage boxes
(4) Sun 411 storage boxes w/ 1gb disks
(8) L-stands for Sun IPC/IPX workstations
(2) Processors from Sun Xterminal-1s

HP Hardware
-----------
(1) HP 712/80 - 64mb RAM, 1gb Disk, VRAM card
(4) 16mb ECC SIMMS for HP 712/715 series
(4) 8mb ECC SIMMS for HP 712/715 series
(2) Serial interface cards for HP 712s - rare, gives you second serial
                                         interface, speed 115200 (I think)
(2) HP-HIL Country kits (keyboard, mouse, 10.20 media)
(1) HP-IB ISA Interface adapter out of a 735
(1) CRX 8-bit framebuffer for HP 720/730/735/750/755 workstations
(Several) sets of HP-UX 10.20 Y2k media sets
(3) HP-UX 11.0 media sets
(1) HP NetServer LH 5/120
(1) HP NetServer LM 5/120

Digital hardware
----------------
Miscellanous Q-Bus cards out of a VAXStation 3200
Miscellanous storage expansion boxes (BA-42) w/600mb 5.25" drives
(2) BA-350 StorageWorks shelves (no rack-mount brackets)
(4) DECStation 5000/125s, 64mb RAM, misc. disk
(2) DECBrouter 90T2's (oem'd by Cisco, running IOS, sync serial v.35)
(2) DEC network backplanes for stacking modules like above
Miscellanous past media for OpenVMS, Digital UNIX

SGI hardware
------------
(1) Set of teal Indigo2 feet
(1) Indy power supply (NiDec General)
(1) Colorbus interface
(1) IRIX 6.2 media set
(1) IRIX 5.3 media set

NeXT hardware
-------------
(1) NeXT ADB keyboard
(2) NeXT non-ADB keyboards

That's a quick first-cut list.  Will entertain any reasonable offers, or
visit auctions.workstations.org for some of these items as well.  FYI, for
those of you that were interested and remember, I'm cleaning out the
basement to make room for the anticipated arrival of that batch of Alphas
that I mentioned 6 months ago.  Finally shook the paperwork loose and
hopefully I'll have a good stack of DEC 3000 & AlphaStation 600 hardware
soon...These will appear on auctions.workstation.org, plus I may have a
list-member only special as well :)

As for trades, here's some of what I need at the moment:

- Processor, memory, VSIMM for SS20 (empty base I need to populate)
- Power supplies for (3) SAIC RSC-1X:
   This is a "military" portable version of an IPX complete with LCD,
   based on the old RDI BriteLites I think...
- FastWide StorageWorks disks
- R5000 processor for SGI Indy
- Newer, faster Sun (currently SS5/70)

Chris

--
Chris Petersen
Systems Engineer, Industry Services, Unigraphics Solutions Inc.
Email: havoc at apk.net