[SunRescue] SS10 SX board...curious

James Lockwood james at foonly.com
Wed Jul 26 01:09:43 CDT 2000

On Tue, 25 Jul 2000, Earl Baugh wrote:

> I'm curious.  I was looking over a Sun Framebuffer FAQ (managed
> by a Sun engineer), and it mentioned an "add on board" for a SS10 which
> is effectively the SX 24 bit video capabilities even when you don't
> have the SS10 SX motherboard (or perhaps I'm interpreting it to my

No.  The add-on board is for using a secondary SX when you already have a
SS10SX motherboard.  It cannot be used with a regular SS10.

> advantage 8-) ) They even mentioned it being something you could add
> to a SS20 Has anybody ever seen this beast?  Anybody know how well it

The SS20 has the SX support circuitry built in like the SS10SX.  A similar
(not identical) add-on board can be used to run a secondary SX head.  Note
that both of these boards require a second VSIMM to be useful.

-James