[SunRescue] SS10 SX board...curious

Gregory Leblanc GLeblanc at cu-portland.edu
Tue Jul 25 21:55:54 CDT 2000

There are some SBUS FBs that can do 24-bit, but I don't think they're very
fast, or supported in Solaris after 2.5.1.  The SS10SX/SS20 can take a
special type of SIMM to enable the on-board video connector, but that's
about it for 32-bit SPARCs with 24-bit graphics.  Sucks, but that's the way
things work sometimes.  And after seeing what SGI can do with an 8-bit FB, I
won't be bothering with X on any of my SPARCs.  IRIX is just too good.
	Grego