[SunRescue] SS10 SX board...curious

EarlBaughearl at baugh.org EarlBaughearl at baugh.org
Tue Jul 25 21:10:27 CDT 2000

I'm curious.  I was looking over a Sun Framebuffer FAQ (managed
by a Sun engineer), and it mentioned an "add on board" for a SS10 which
is effectively the SX 24 bit video capabilities even when you don't
have the SS10 SX motherboard (or perhaps I'm interpreting it to my
advantage 8-) ) They even mentioned it being something you could add
to a SS20 Has anybody ever seen this beast?  Anybody know how well it
works/worked?  I'm stuck here with 8 bit graphics on my SS10's cause
they never made anything that I though I'd like...had access to a few of
the different ones via work, but they always seemed so slow compared to
the 8bit ones I never really botherd looking at them.  Now, I actually
could use it for some of the video stuff I have, but it seems that aside
from the SX there really isn't any 24bit card that Solaris supports on
a SBUS system (unless you've got an Ultra2 with UPA).

So, can these boards be had?  Or even an SS10SX motherboard?

Earl