[SunRescue] 600MP os question

MikeNicewongertwmaster at twmaster.com MikeNicewongertwmaster at twmaster.com
Thu Jul 20 17:38:54 CDT 2000

> I have seen the person who had this question earlier, but in my case I
have a
> 600MP with four 40Mhz cypress CPU modules.

Slow machine but a very cool machine (I have 3)

> Please give me an idea of what OS I could get running on this beast.

The best choice is Soalris 2.5.1 (last version of Solaris supported on thsat
box)
Second, Red Hat Linux. I have had 6.0 running on my machine. (don't use KDE
or GNOME the box will be too slow to use)
Next, OpenBSD, will not use more than the first CPU, and you will have to
remove the second CPU module.

> It currently has SunOS and openwindows, but the system was in the hands of
> somone who has mangled the heck out of it and I think that it would
probably
> be best to start from scratch.

Cheers,

Mike N