[SunRescue] Re: Rescue digest, Vol 1 #562 - 18 msgs

EarlBaughearl at baugh.org EarlBaughearl at baugh.org
Tue Jul 18 20:57:43 CDT 2000

I recently had a SM512 (one of the two different dual SM5X modules)
in my two SS10s, along with another SM51.  While I never got the
SM512 to display as two processors (either by itself or with the
SM51, though it did show as two processors in a SS20...) having
it and the SM51 in didn't cause any problems.  Machines behaved
as they do when they have dual SM51's in'em.  So, my guess would
be that if you can find a SM5x dual module that by itself shows
up as two processors, you probably can make it happen.

Earl

P.S. If you are able to get it working, I'd be curious to hear
the results...I was hoping to have a quad processor machine here
but looks like I'll only be able to get dual SM81's..)