[SunRescue] SUN IPC (again) seriell connection to PC

Ed.Mitchell at centigram.com Ed.Mitchell at centigram.com
Tue Jul 18 10:21:48 CDT 2000

I'd recommend spending more time with the puppy. ;)

Actually, I made a similar repair a few months ago I guess it was, and it
worked fine for me.

From: Kurt Mosiejczuk <kurt at csh.rit.edu> on 07/18/2000 02:52 PM GMT

Please respond to rescue at sunhelp.org

cc:    (bcc: Ed Mitchell/US/Centigram)
Subject:  Re: [SunRescue] SUN IPC (again) seriell connection to PC

On Tue, 18 Jul 2000, James Lockwood wrote:

> Sun keyboard cables are straight-through 8-pin mini-DIN.  If you can find
> straight through Macintosh serial cables that connect all pins (they're
> frequently labeled as "switchbox" cables) then they will work fine.
>
> Your keyboard may also be dying.  These are very cheap used, it may be
> useful to pick up a spare.
>
> -James

James,
  What would you suggest doing for a type 5c keyboard who's cable
was chewed by a puppy?  Would you recommend buying one of these
straight-through cables and hacking it in?

--Kurt

Rescue maillist  -  Rescue at sunhelp.org