AW: [SunRescue] which openBOOT for SUN IPC?

JamesLockwoodjames at foonly.com JamesLockwoodjames at foonly.com
Tue Jul 18 02:46:56 CDT 2000

On Tue, 18 Jul 2000, chris Gunther wrote:

> that sounds like I am on the right way ;-) But
> where can I get such OBP(?) and do I have to kind
> of "flash" it to my NVRAM or where does SUN
> store the OBP prom?

Why do you think you need to update the PROM?  Other than some rare
problems with device support the version that you have now will likely be
fine.  What version do you have?

The OBP is stored on an EPROM on the board.  This can be upgraded by
replacing or reprogramming the chip.  The IPC, being nearly a decade old,
predates the commonplace use of flash for firmware.

-James