[SunRescue] Q on "optimal" OS for Sun4c machines, now that Solaris 8 won't run

Ed.Mitchell at centigram.com Ed.Mitchell at centigram.com
Thu Jul 13 11:59:14 CDT 2000

The eerie part is running into people that don't understand endian-ness or
why it should even matter.  As an aside, I recently read that the PowerPC
arch doesn't give a rat's behind about the endianess expectations of
software executing on it.  On other words, it seems to be able to figure
out what endian-ness your data is in and can act accordingly.  Anyone shed
light on this?