[SunRescue] Q on "optimal" OS for Sun4c machines, now that Solaris won't run

HarryReganharry.regan at usa.net HarryReganharry.regan at usa.net
Thu Jul 13 08:43:05 CDT 2000

I've become an OpenBSD convert in the last year.  I've got it running on an
IPC and an IPX.  I've got RedHat Linux running on another IPX and between the
two environments, to me, OpenBSD just "feels better".
I can get the whole OS with X and GCC loaded and functional on a 500 MB disk,
and all the weird apps I wanted to run (I had source!) just plain compiled.
The 2.6 disto comes with nmap, ssh, apache, perl and lots of other stuff.

---- Harry J. Regan
---- Phone: 202.310.2719
---- FAX: 212.202.3923
---- harry.regan at usa.net