[SunRescue] [Off-Topic] Linux Humour

Chris Drelich hyena at interport.net
Tue Jul 11 17:01:24 CDT 2000

Alright, this is off topic, but I thought some hear might find this funny.

First you should know that Caldera spun off a company called "Lineo" to sell an
embedded Linux OS.

Now at a bar, a bunch of us unix nerds were having a fierce debate over whether
Linux is/can be used for an embedded OS.(Sure, it can be used for an embedded
OS, even NT can do that, question is would it be any good?) When I discovered
that Lineo can be an acronym for "Linux Is Not an Embedded OS."  Hope someone
finds this funny.
Chris