[SunRescue] hme on LX?

Stefan Hames rsh5 at cornell.edu
Sat Jul 8 18:38:51 CDT 2000

Hi,

Good advice, but it was correctly  configured.  However, I did dig
out the documentation on TCP/IP administration which actually has a
good troubleshooting section.  I used the command

/usr/sbin/in.routed /var/routerlog

to set up a router log to help figure this out, and that turned out
to be the fix that I needed!  The only thing I can figure was that
routed daemon  wasn't running and needed to be?  Anyway, I now have a
very *smoking* network connection.

Thanks to everyone who helped out with advice!

Stefan

>Have you checked to make sure that you have /etc/defaultrouter configure
>properly?  Read the man page on defaultrouter if you don't know what goes in
>there (I can't remember exactly how it looks).
>	Grego

Stefan Hames
Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
E221 Corson Hall
Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853-2701
Phone: 607-273-4915 (home)
        607-254-2496 (lab)
        607-254-4262 (campus)
        607-255-8088 (fax)