[SunRescue] hme on LX?

Stefan Hames rsh5 at cornell.edu
Fri Jul 7 21:08:50 CDT 2000

I just stuck a Sun Fast Ethernet 501-2919 (X1059A) 2.0 card in my
SS5/170 and had lots of trouble.  I've upgraded the OS to Solaris 2.7
to get the drivers, since I didn't have the CD.  I can ping the
router, and other devices on the sub-net, but can't make it work with
the DNS server, or anything outside of the sub-net come to that.
(Actually, if I send out multiple packets few make it back, even from
the router)  I've been through all the stuff in the Answerbook, but
still no go.  I'd love to see the instructions that come with the
card, and/or the install CD.  Is any of the set-up stuff included in
the FE handbook?

>I think you need the CD that comes with the hme card. We had some trouble
>with this on a machine at work recently. Forced us to install the drivers.
>
>The LX is a 4M machine, I would expect the card to work there otherwise.
>
>Mike N

Stefan Hames
Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
E221 Corson Hall
Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853-2701
Phone: 607-273-4915 (home)
        607-254-2496 (lab)
        607-254-4262 (campus)
        607-255-8088 (fax)